Sustainable and better for the environment
The new Recycled Tow Float Range from Puffin Swim are the first swimmer’s tow floats in the UK to be made with Recycled Plastic, recycling plastic helps to reduce landfill and reduce the number of new plastics being made.
These quality floats have been created by swimmers and swim safety experts Swim the Lakes.
Bright, Light & Easy to use
The Puffin Billy R20 Drybag Float easily attaches around the swimmer’s waist with the adjustable waist-strap and leash, it floats above the swimmers’ thighs, out of stroke range whilst swimming. The float leash is adjustable in length so the swimmer can alter it to their preferred length.
It’s bright to make the swimmer more visible to other water users and is ideal for holding onto whilst taking a break. There’s even an integrated safety whistle at the buckle and gear attachment points.
Drybag Storage Compartment
With 2 inflatable chambers and a separate storage compartment, swimmers can place items inside to take on the swim, e.g. phone, keys, snacks. The float can be used in all swimming conditions, with or without your gear inside.
Used correctly the Billy Drybag floats are waterproof but we recommend electronic and other valuable items are sealed inside a waterproof pouch before placing inside the dry bag tow float.
Optimised Streamlining for Minimal Drag
The leash attaches to the float via a stainless-steel karabiner clip under the front of the float. This low tow point along with the float shape, valve position and direction of tow have all been designed to reduce drag.
The Puffin Billy R20 Recycled Drybag Features & Specification:
- Brightly coloured and designed to increase visibility to others
- Optimised streamlining for reduced drag
- Dual-air chambers with separate equipment chamber for storage
- Ideal to hold on to whilst taking a rest in the water
- Signaling whistle integrated into the buckle and gear attachment points
- 2 Carry/ grab handles on float sides
- 2 Fast-flow air valves to easily inflate or deflate for transportation
- Flexible use: Can be used with or without items inside
- Designed by swim safety experts
- Material: RPET (Recycled Plastic) / PVC
- Capacity 20L capacity.
- Dimensions of drybag deflated: 610mm x 340mm
- Waist belt extends to 122cm (spares are available)
The Billy R20 Recycled Drybag Float helps increase the safety of the swimmer and can carry items whilst swimming. Its light yet packed with useful features. Use it in a variety of swimming situations such as solo swims or swimming with groups and with or without items inside, we really have thought of everything including the environment.
Spare Waist Belts are available. Each waist belt is 122cm max length and 2 can be joined together if a longer belt is required.
Instructions for using the Puffin Billy Recycled Drybag Tow Floats:
- Start with the drybag deflated
- Place your items in the drybag
- Roll the top closure down a minimum of 3 folds
- Bring the 2 clip ends together and clip it closed.
- Inflate the drybag float by using the fast flow valves on each side of the float.
- Attach the leash to the bag via the carabiner clip. Attach the waist-belt to the leash by threading the waist belt through the loop. The leash length can be adjusted to swimmer’s preferred length.
- Clip the waist-belt around your waist and away you go.
- To deflate simply take the dust caps off the valve, and push your little finger into the valve to deflate.
NB: We recommend placing electronic items inside a waterproof bag, such as the Waterproof phone pouch, before placing them inside the drybag. Billy Drybags are not a lifesaving device. They are designed to be used by competent swimmers. Tow floats are not designed to be continuously submerged.
*** PLEASE NOTE: owing to ongoing customs issues related to Brexit, we are unable currently to ship goods outside the UK. We are very sorry about this. We hope this will be resolved soon. ***
In most circumstances, we use Royal Mail for our deliveries, occasionally we use a courier.
STANDARD – This service, selected at checkout, typically takes between 3-5 working days for delivery (excludes weekends and bank holidays).
EXPRESS Postage – This service typically takes 1 working day, but can take 2. (please place your order by 1pm). This service requires a signature and cannot be left in a safe place.
INTERNATIONAL Postage inc ROI – This service typically takes 15 working days.
Customers in Ireland will need to pay customs charges to the Irish Revenue before their parcel is delivered. ‘An Post’ collect customs charges and cannot deliver your items until these charges have been paid. Please look out for your notification from An Post via post/SMS/email.
**Delivery is still taking longer than usual in some areas due to ongoing effects of the pandemic**
Deliveries to Ireland, NI, and Channel Islands are taking considerably longer than usual (more than 2 weeks in some cases) due to custom changes after BREXIT.
* We will send an email upon dispatch. Please check your junk folder if you don’t see it.
* We are unable to pass any messages on to your local postman.
* Requests to leave parcels in unsecured locations are done entirely at your own risk.
* Please take care to enter the correct delivery address as we may be unable to rectify any mistakes.
* We are unable to split orders/deliveries, If any one item in an order is not available from stock we would usually despatch your order once all the items are available from stock to send as one parcel.
If your item is needed for Christmas we recommend our ‘express UK’ Service from the 18th Dec 2022.
No orders are dispatched on Christmas day, Boxing day, New Years day, Saturdays and Sundays and Bank holidays.
Post & Packing Charges:
Free UK standard delivery for orders £75 and over.
Standard Mainland UK Delivery: For orders under £75, delivery is £2.99 – £3.99 for most items.
Express UK – £7.99. Postage is always quoted at checkout before your payment is taken.
ROI – The delivery charge to Ireland is £3.99 – £13.99 depending on parcel size and weight.
International Delivery – Within Europe, we deliver to Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden. The delivery charge to Europe is £8.99 – £15.99 depending on parcel size and weight.
Please select your country from the drop-down box in the delivery address section, when completing your order, and the delivery charge will be displayed. (If the charge is not displayed please ‘contact us’ so we may arrange payment via a separate link).
It is very rare that parcels are lost, however, they can be delayed due to issues out of our control including adverse weather, high volume internet shopping times, and pandemics. If you do not receive your order within 7 working days of your dispatch confirmation email please notify us and we will investigate.
Parcels to ROI and NI are taking considerably longer than normal, please allow 15 working days.
For full Delivery and Returns information including how to return your item, please click the link.