Sustainable and better for the environment
The new Recycled Tow Float Range from Puffin Swim are the first swimmer’s tow floats in the UK to be made with Recycled Plastic bottles, recycling plastic helps to reduce landfill and reduce the number of new plastics being made.
These quality floats have been created by swimmers and swim safety experts Swim the Lakes.
Bright, Light & Easy to use
The Billy R28 Drybag Float easily attaches around the swimmer’s waist with the adjustable waist-strap and leash, it floats above the swimmers’ thighs, out of stroke range whilst swimming. The float leash is adjustable in length so the swimmer can alter it to their preferred length.
It’s bright to make the swimmer more visible to other water users and is ideal for holding onto whilst taking a break. There’s even an integrated safety whistle at the buckle and gear attachment points.
Drybag Storage Compartment
With 2 inflatable chambers and a separate storage compartment, swimmers can place items inside to take on the swim, e.g. phone, keys, snacks. The Drybag float can be used in all swimming conditions, with or without your gear inside.
Used correctly the Billy Drybag floats are waterproof but we recommend electronic and other valuable items are sealed inside a waterproof pouch before placing inside the dry bag tow float.
Optimised Streamlining for Minimal Drag
The leash attaches to the float via a stainless-steel karabiner clip under the front of the float. This low tow point along with the float shape, valve position and direction of tow have all been designed to reduce drag.
The Billy R28 Recycled Drybag Features & Specification:
- Brightly coloured and designed to increase visibility to others
- Optimised streamlining for reduced drag
- Dual-air chambers with separate equipment chamber for storage
- Ideal to hold on to whilst taking a rest in the water
- Signaling whistle integrated into the buckle and gear attachment points
- 2 Carry/ grab handles on float sides
- 2 Fast-flow air valves to easily inflate or deflate for transportation
- Flexible use: Can be used with or without items inside
- Designed by swim safety experts
- Material: RPET (Recycled Plastic bottles) / PVC
- Capacity 28L capacity.
- Dimensions of drybag deflated: 720mm x 370mm
- Waist belt extends to 120cm (spares are available)
The Billy R28 Recycled Drybag Float helps increase the safety of the swimmer and can carry items whilst swimming. Its light yet packed with useful features. Use it in a variety of swimming situations such as solo swims or swimming with groups and with or without items inside, we really have thought of everything including the environment.
Instructions for using the Puffin Billy Recycled Drybag Tow Floats:
- Start with the drybag deflated
- Place your items in the drybag
- Roll the top closure down a minimum of 3 folds
- Bring the 2 clip ends together and clip it closed.
- Inflate the drybag float by using the fast flow valves on each side of the float.
- Attach the leash to the bag via the carabiner clip. Attach the waist-belt to the leash by threading the waist belt through the loop. The leash length can be adjusted to swimmer’s preferred length.
- Clip the waist-belt around your waist and away you go.
- To deflate simply take the dust caps off the valve, and push your little finger into the valve to deflate.
NB: We recommend placing electronic items inside a waterproof bag, such as the Waterproof phone pouch, before placing them inside the drybag. The Billy Drybag Tow Float is not a lifesaving device. They are designed to be used by competent swimmers. Floats are not designed for continuous immersion.
*** PLEASE NOTE: owing to ongoing uncertainties related to Brexit, we are unable currently to ship goods outside the UK. We are very sorry about this. We hope this will be resolved soon. ***
In most circumstances, we use Royal Mail for our deliveries, occasionally we use a courier.
STANDARD – This service, selected at checkout, typically takes between 2-5 working days for delivery (excludes weekends and bank holidays).
EXPRESS Postage – This service typically takes 1 working day, but can take 2. (please place your order by 1pm). This service requires a signature and cannot be left in a safe place.
INTERNATIONAL Postage – This service typically takes 15 working days.
* We will send an email upon dispatch. Please check your ‘junk’ folder if you don’t see it.
* We are unable to pass any messages on to your postman.
* Requests to leave parcels in unsecured locations are done entirely at your own risk.
* Please take care to enter the correct delivery address as we may be unable to rectify any mistakes.
* NB: Deliveries in some areas are much slower due effects of the pandemic.
We are unable to split orders/deliveries if any one item in an order is not available from stock. We would usually despatch your order once all the items are available from stock to send as one parcel.
Please note that with Covid still affecting how we can operate orders can take longer to process. We are working tirelessly to keep orders going out of the door just as quickly as these limitations will allow, so please bear with us!
Post & Packing Charges:
Free UK standard delivery for orders £75 and over.
Standard Mainland UK Delivery: For orders under £75, delivery is £2.99 – £3.99 for most items.
Express UK – £7.99. Postage is always quoted at checkout before your payment is taken.
ROI – The delivery charge to Ireland is £3.99 – £13.99 depending on parcel size and weight.
International Delivery – Within Europe, we deliver to Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden. The delivery charge to Europe is £8.99 – £15.99 depending on parcel size and weight.
Please select your country from the drop-down box in the delivery address section, when completing your order, and the delivery charge will be displayed. (If the charge is not displayed please ‘contact us’ so we may arrange payment via a separate link).
It is very rare that parcels are lost, however, they can be delayed due to issues out of our control including adverse weather, high volume internet shopping times, and pandemics. If you do not receive your order within 7 working days of your dispatch confirmation email please notify us and we will investigate.
For full Delivery and Returns information including how to return your item, please click the link.