The Puffin Billy 20 Drybag is a 20L bright and light tow float, its main purpose is to help increase your visibility to other water users, especially boats, and therefore increase your safety in the water.
It easily attaches around the swimmer’s waist with the adjustable waist-strap and leash, the Billy Drybag will then float above the swimmer’s thighs, out of stroke range whilst swimming.
The float is ideal for holding onto in the water to when taking a break or to boost confidence.
Take your items with you
The waterproof storage compartment is separate from the 2 inflatable air chambers. Pop your items e.g. keys, flip-flops inside the storage compartment seal the bag with your items inside, then the air chambers can be fully inflated so they are stretched taut which reduces the drag. The float can be used in all swimming conditions, with or without your gear inside.
Reduce the Drag
The Puffin Billy 20 Tow Float is designed with Optimised Streamlining, which means the float’s shape, the valve position, the tow point and the direction of tow are all designed to reduce drag.
Puffin Billy 20 Drybag Tow Float Features:
- Brightly coloured to increase visibility to others
- Separate air and equipment chambers enable taut inflation to reduce drag
- Optimised streamlining – designed to reduce drag
- Can be used to carry items whilst swimming such as food, keys, small towel etc
- Ideal to hold on to whilst taking a rest in the water
- 2 Carry/ grab handles on float sides
- Portable, can be easily deflated for carrying around
- Flexible use: Can be used with or without items inside
- Capacity 20L – includes air and storage capacity
- Dimensions of drybag deflated: 610mm x 340mm
The Puffin Billy Drybag Float is perfect for swimmers who want to be seen in the water and have the extra confidence a float can provide. It’s perfect for swimmers to take some items with them whilst swimming, either regularly or occasionally.
Top Tip: Tie a Swim Safety Whistle to your dry bag float, they are very useful for communication with others and in emergency situations.
Instructions for using the Puffin Billy Drybag Tow Floats:
- Start with the drybag deflated
- Place your items in the drybag
- Roll the top closure down a minimum of 3 folds
- Bring the 2 clip ends together and clip it closed.
- Inflate the drybag float by using the fast flow valves on each side of the float. We recommend less air in the bottom chamber, if you re carrying items, to keep the centre of gravity low and reduce drag.
- Attach the karabiner clip on the leash to the float. Attach the waist-belt to the leash by threading the waist belt through the loop. The leash length can be adjusted to swimmers preferred length.
- Clip the waist-belt around your waist and away you go.
- To deflate simply take the little caps off the valve, turn the cap over and push the back of the cap into the valve to deflate.
NB: We recommend placing electronic items inside a waterproof bag before placing inside the drybag. The Billy Drybag float is not a lifesaving device and is for use by competent swimmers. It is not designed to be continuously submerged.