The Puffin Billy 28 Drybag is a 28L bright and light tow float, its main purpose is to help increase your visibility to other water users, especially boats, and therefore increase your safety.
It easily attaches around the swimmers’ waist with the adjustable waist-strap and leash, the Billy Drybag will then float above the swimmers’ thighs, out of stroke range whilst swimming.
The float is ideal for holding onto in the water to when taking a break or to boost confidence.
Take your items with you
The waterproof storage compartment is separate from the 2 inflatable air chambers. Pop your items e.g. keys, flip-flops inside the storage compartment seal the bag with your items inside, then the air chambers can be fully inflated so they are stretched taut which reduces the drag. The float can be used in all swimming conditions, with or without your gear inside.
Reduce the Drag
The Puffin Billy 28 Float is designed with Optimised Streamlining, which means the float’s shape, the valve position, the low tow point and the direction of tow are all designed to reduce drag.
The Billy 28 Drybag Tow Float Features:
- Brightly coloured to increase visibility to others
- Separate air and equipment chambers enable a taut inflation to reduce drag
- Optimised streamlining – designed to reduce drag
- Can be used to carry items whilst swimming such as food, keys, small towel etc
- Ideal to hold on to whilst taking a rest in the water
- 2 Carry/ grab handles on float sides
- Portable, can be easily deflated for carrying around
- Flexible use: Can be used with or without items inside
- Capacity 28L – includes air and storage capacity
- Dimensions of drybag deflated: 720mm x 370mm
The Puffin Billy Drybag Float is perfect for swimmers who want to be seen in the water and have the extra confidence a float can provide. It’s perfect for swimmers to take some items with them whilst swimming, either regularly or occasionally.
Top Tip: Tie a Swim Safety Whistle to your dry bag float, they are very useful for communication with others and in emergency situations.
Instructions for using the Puffin Billy Drybag Tow Floats:
- Start with the drybag deflated
- Place your items in the drybag
- Roll the top closure down a minimum of 3 folds
- Bring the 2 clip ends together and clip it closed.
- Inflate the drybag float by using the fast flow valves on each side of the float. We recommend less air in the bottom chamber, if you re carrying items, to keep the centre of gravity low and reduce drag.
- Attach the karabiner clip on the leash to the float. Attach the waist-belt to the leash by threading the waist belt through the loop. The leash length can be adjusted to swimmers preferred length.
- Clip the waist-belt around your waist and away you go.
- To deflate simply take the little caps off the valve, turn the cap over and push the back of the cap into the valve to deflate.
NB: We recommend placing electronic items inside a waterproof bag, such as the Waterproof phone pouch, before placing inside the drybag. The Billy Drybag float is not a lifesaving device and is for use by competent swimmers. It is not designed to be continuously submerged.
*** PLEASE NOTE: owing to ongoing uncertainties related to Brexit, we are unable currently to ship goods outside the UK. We are very sorry about this. We hope this will be resolved soon. ***
In most circumstances, we use Royal Mail for our deliveries, occasionally we use a courier.
STANDARD – This service, selected at checkout, typically takes between 2-5 working days for delivery (excludes weekends and bank holidays).
EXPRESS Postage – This service typically takes 1 working day, but can take 2. (please place your order by 1pm). This service requires a signature and cannot be left in a safe place.
INTERNATIONAL Postage – This service typically takes 15 working days.
* We will send an email upon dispatch. Please check your ‘junk’ folder if you don’t see it.
* We are unable to pass any messages on to your postman.
* Requests to leave parcels in unsecured locations are done entirely at your own risk.
* Please take care to enter the correct delivery address as we may be unable to rectify any mistakes.
* NB: Deliveries in some areas are much slower due effects of the pandemic.
We are unable to split orders/deliveries if any one item in an order is not available from stock. We would usually despatch your order once all the items are available from stock to send as one parcel.
Please note that with Covid still affecting how we can operate orders can take longer to process. We are working tirelessly to keep orders going out of the door just as quickly as these limitations will allow, so please bear with us!
Post & Packing Charges:
Free UK standard delivery for orders £75 and over.
Standard Mainland UK Delivery: For orders under £75, delivery is £2.99 – £3.99 for most items.
Express UK – £7.99. Postage is always quoted at checkout before your payment is taken.
ROI – The delivery charge to Ireland is £3.99 – £13.99 depending on parcel size and weight.
International Delivery – Within Europe, we deliver to Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden. The delivery charge to Europe is £8.99 – £15.99 depending on parcel size and weight.
Please select your country from the drop-down box in the delivery address section, when completing your order, and the delivery charge will be displayed. (If the charge is not displayed please ‘contact us’ so we may arrange payment via a separate link).
It is very rare that parcels are lost, however, they can be delayed due to issues out of our control including adverse weather, high volume internet shopping times, and pandemics. If you do not receive your order within 7 working days of your dispatch confirmation email please notify us and we will investigate.
For full Delivery and Returns information including how to return your item, please click the link.