Some of the best swims in Britain feature in our Windermere Wild Swimming Adventure holiday. We stay in a Georgian mansion, with some of the best swimming in the country accessible from the lawn… this is our idea of heaven!
Join us as we swim iconic north basin of Windermere, the River Rothay and the beautiful tarns and Lakes that have inspired famous poets and artists. With our exclusive access to the Brathay Hall shoreline, we invite you to swim as much or as little as you like, making the most of a great choice of accommodation, surrounded by stunning Lakeland views.
If you feel like kicking back and taking a break from the swimming, there are hot drinks on tap at Brathay Hall, along with comfy sofas and stunning views. Nearby are the villages of Ambleside, Hawkshead & Grasmere.
Swim Ability & Fitness: Suitable for confident swimmers who can comfortably swim at least two miles in open water. Moderate fitness level required as day one involves open water swimming up to 5km theres some hill walking over typical Lake District terrain to get to our swims in the area. A full itinerary will be sent to you upon booking.
- Qualified & experienced swimming guides and mountain leaders will accompany you on our swims and the walks that link them.
- A bright Swim the Lakes swim cap so that we can see you in those lakes & tarns.
- Comfortable accommodation on the shores of Windermere in a Georgian mansion house.
- All meals including: 2 course dinner on Friday and Saturday evenings, packed lunch on Saturday and Sunday and hearty breakfast Saturday and Sunday. Tea & coffee are available free throughout the day from the lounge.
- Parking at the accommodation is free.
Also see the Itinerary & Accommodation tabs on the left for more information.
This was without doubt the best swim I’ve done this year! Thank you Andrea and Pete for an amazing adventure. Jane.
An excellent weekend with a really well though out sequence of swims, and such encouraging support. The accommodation was lovely and (very important) the company was fabulous. Thanks everyone! Linda & Justin x
More Swim testimonials from our customers
Any Queries? We are happy to help. Please ring 015394 33826
Terms and Conditions: https://www.swimthelakes.co.uk/swim-trip-terms/